Silverback Logo
Follow stssupport on Twitter
Silverback Technology Solutions

iO6 Maps - Standard vs Hybrid

03/10/2012 Share/Bookmark

I've been having a look around the apple maps of iOS 6 and I noticed something really odd near where I live.

If I'm in the standard map mode and look for the Indian restaurant up the road, it shows on the map as The Spice Inn, which is correct however it is in the wrong place, it should be further up the road and on the right hand side.

Now, if I select the Hybrid view, it shows the same location as The Retreat, which happened to be the old name of the restaurant before the Spice Inn took over.

Why would this be? Surely the data is coming from the same set of information that Apple is using? This shows that Apple have a hell of a long way to go to rectify the data issues they have.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Software developer working on iPhone Apps and Games in spare time. Full time job is working with a corporate IT company supporting and developing various software installations.

© Silverback Technology Solutions